cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to improve sound quality of a prompt in IPCC

clougher01
Level 1
Level 1

When saving a nice sounding wav file to ulaw format 8000k mono it sounds awful in the welcome and message prompts.Is there a better way to save prompts to ipcc 5.02 to make them sound clearer?

I've tried using wavepad and audacity but no improvement. I've tried stereo and high freqs but they dont work and Cisco quotes 8000 mono as the required format.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Transcoding a prompt from CD Quality to CCITT uLaw is always going to sound horrible. Your best bet is to always record in the codec you are using.

Many recording programs cannot really do CCITT by default (Audacity is one) but they can record in PCM. Changing from PCM to CCITT hasn't ever affected the sound quality in my experience if the bit rate is the same.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You are doing something wrong, they should not sound that bad. I've used audacity with no problems, try goldwave, it has an easier interface. Also, you could use the record step to record the prompts directly to UCCX or use Unity.

david

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Transcoding a prompt from CD Quality to CCITT uLaw is always going to sound horrible. Your best bet is to always record in the codec you are using.

Many recording programs cannot really do CCITT by default (Audacity is one) but they can record in PCM. Changing from PCM to CCITT hasn't ever affected the sound quality in my experience if the bit rate is the same.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Thanks Guys i wasnt recording in 8000 mono so when saving to that it sounded poor. All good now..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: