Helpful
Replies

Configuration Replication errors

sidcracker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting this error message on the ACE

Configuration replication for context Admin will not happen: Error HA election timed out.

I tried to reload the ACE since the standby ACE was unresponsive and showed the following

peer state: FSM_FT_STATE_UNKNOWN

The reload didnt help and shows the HA election error message.

Thanks

Sid

3 Replies 3

sachinga.hcl
Level 4
Level 4

HI Sid,

As I am seeing one error message here in your mail:

HA election error message

This error appears if you have not given the correct priority for the ft group on both of the Primary and Secondary.

Kindly see the following config:

on Primary:

ft group 1

peer 1

priority 120

peer priority 100

associate-context Admin

inservice

On Secondary:

ft group 1

peer 1

priority 100

peer priority 120

associate-context Admin

inservice

---

Kindly check if the priority and peer priority are correct and reverse on both the Primary and Standby ACE.

If you have simply copy paste then you need to do the change in the priority , or if you have not assigned priority assigning higher priority in ft group in ace to priority and , less priority to peer priority.

Similarly on Standby ACE give less priority to priority in FT group and higher to peer priority.

SO it will solve you process of election of which is Priamry or Master and which one is secondary or Slave or Standby.

As of now the election process is confused to whom it select master and to whom select standby.

And till this is not decided how the sync of config will happen , as it always sync from master context towards standby context based on priority and peer priority.

Kindly find if there is some mismatch.

Kindly send the output of the following commands from your admin context:

# show running-config ft

and

# show ft group detail

for both the Active nad standby and specify which you think should be Primary and which is standby.

Sachin Garg

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the prompt reply. This was actually a space issue rather than a sync issue.

Due to the space it didnt replicate.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Hi Sid,

Can you please tell me what kind of space problem you have and how it get resolved.

May be it can be helpful for me to know for helping others some time later.

Sachin Garg