Problem with Caller ID in Vietnam and customized Auto Attendant script

Unanswered Question

Hi all,

I have a system with SPA9000 for PBX, SPA400 for PSTN gateway and SPA942 Phones. I have successfully configured it to work except for the Caller ID feature and customized Auto Attendant script. It's much appreciated If anyone could help me to configure the SPA400 to fix the Caller ID in Vietnam.

The default Auto Attendant script works just fine. After I modified it, it didn't work. With the customized script put in the system, when somebody calls, they just hear the rings without any prompt. I have included the script here, whether someone would have a look at it.

I'm looking foward to your help. Thank you very much in advance.

Khoi Nguyen

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
Alberto Montilla Mon, 10/26/2009 - 04:25

Dear Sir;

Thanks for your email.

(1) The AA is wrong since SPA9000 does support only one level AA, i.e. after user enters the DTMF digits, the system should analyse it to either play a prompt and comeback to the origin or to forward call to destination. What you have is two levels, and this is not supported

(2) On the PSTN tone, I dont have in my database the disconnect tone for Vietnam. If you have the disconnect tone specification for Vietnam, please send me the details and I'll let you know the configuration details on the SPA400. Please check on http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/disconnectiondetect.htm, they provide a good way to get the PSTN disconnect tone details, in case you dont have them.

Regards
Alberto

Dear Alberto,

Thank you for your helpful information. I'm a little bit confused because I did follow the instructions from Voice System Administration Guide of SPA9000 (Cisco Small Business Pro - SPA9000 Voice System Version 6.1 - page 140). It talks about routing calls with a departmental sub-menu. You can have a look at it.

About the Caller ID problem, I'll ask the Vietnam Telephone Company about the specification details and let you know when I have it. Thanks again.

Regards,

Khoi Nguyen

Patrick Born Tue, 11/03/2009 - 18:23

Hi Khoi,

Looking at your attached AA script, It looks like your text editor could be causing problems for you.

It looks like the text editor you used is inserting unwanted characters, for example as seen in NotePad:

The quotes should be " "  nothing else, especially not the matched quotes shown for example around DIR:

cap_vl-0016.jpg

and in vim:

Vim shows that something is wrong with the quotes by displaying blocks instead of " "

cap_vl-0017.jpg

I cleaned up your script, and added prompts 5,6, and 7 to my system and the AA appears to work. Calling during script1 active time plays prompt5, pressing 1 plays language1 [prompt6] and pressing 2 plays language2 [prompt7], and so on.

Here's what I have in AA script 1:

Note that there are NO spaces between the angle brackets >< Spaces cause the inbound call to ring with no pickup by AA.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Thank you so much, you've finally found something wrong with my script. I put your script to my system, the AA works but it's still having some issues:

1.  It works only with one sub menu. When I make a call in, the script plays prompt5. Pressing 1 it plays language1 (prompt6); pressing 2, it holds for 1 second and then plays prompt5. It does not transfer me to the language2 menu (prompt7).

2. When playing language1, the barge in action is not effective. I tried to dial an extension but it kept playing the prompt. I did put in many extensions while it was playing the prompt it didn't work.

It'll be great if you could help.

By the way, I have deleted a space in your script, between two angle brackets ><SPA9000-error.JPG

Regards,

Khoi Nguyen

Patrick Born Thu, 11/05/2009 - 14:47

Hi Khoi,

Great catch with the space. Sorry about that. You're getting closer. :-)

Run debug on the SPA440 and SPA9000. The debug file should provide clues as to the problem/s.

SPA9000: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3032

SPA400: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3034

In the debug, look for pri--REFER-->BCC:target=   This should be the extension that you are attempting to barge in with.

The problem could be AVT DTMF related. That is you dial a number and there's an issue with the number being interpreted.

Another issue could be that you have options 1 or 2, but it looks like your extensions start with a 1 too. This can sometimes be problematic.

Consider using 5 and 8 as options for the two languages. Be sure to modify the AA dial plan accordingly.

Here's an example of what I see when I call in and barge with 22 to get to ext 22.

This is a syntax error in the script, causing $input to not be interpreted. There is no such input as "input" hence the BCC fails:

Nov 05 15:05:45 192.168.2.100 pri--REFER-->BCC:target=input@192.168.2.100:6060
Nov 05 15:05:45 192.168.2.100 [BCC]CallRoute:
Nov 05 15:05:45 192.168.2.100 [2]No Resource to Bridge Blind Xfer input

This is a successful barge to ext 21 because $input was succefully resolved, as in I removed the syntax error from my script:

Nov 05 15:08:45 192.168.2.100 pri--REFER-->BCC:target=21@192.168.2.100:6060
Nov 05 15:08:45 192.168.2.100 pri--18x-->BCC(conn)
Nov 05 15:08:54 192.168.2.100 TFTPS:<

Regards,

Patrick

-----------