cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

allowed vlan command, question.......pic attached!!!!

cisco_himg
Level 1
Level 1

So if i want to issue the command "allowed vlan, etc", so i can add my vlans on each switch, where do i issue my command. The pic is attached.. Take for instance IDF1...there is a etherchannel (fiber), then there is gigabit ethernet port 1...both say they are trunked...

where do i issue the command? For instance, which one of those interfaces?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

issue switchport trunk allowed vlan x x on the port-channel interface not on the physical..

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

cisco_himg
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the pic

issue switchport trunk allowed vlan x x on the port-channel interface not on the physical..

ok thank you!

then i would do the same on the trunk port on the remote switch?

if the remote switch port is part of a port-channel then yes you have to make configuration on the port-channel not on the physical port.

if the port is not part of the port channel you can make the trunk change on the physical port.

In your case you make the trunk change on the remote switch port-channel same as you have done..

I posted an attached of my remote switch in the closet. Where would i issue the add vlan command?

I am assuming on port interface gi1/0/1, where it is plugged in, all vlans are coming across on that port.Since there is nothing configured on the attached word document, i assume it means all traffic is allowed?

do you have a diagram showing how your switches are connected. also what model is remote switch ?

i dont have a diagram at this particular time, but its a 3750 fast ethernet.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card