cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bytes in Output queue

l600671
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use EEM, preferable an applet to monitor the number of bytes in an output queue on an interface of a catalyst 6500. Has anyone done this that can provide guidence an/or is there a better way to do this.

Preferable I'd like to get an alarm when it reaches a specific limit. I'm not lookin for packets in the queue like what we get from show int, I'm looking for number of bytes.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to do with a simple interface applet. What are you using to get this data now? What version of IOS?

I currently do not track this information and have not been able to find a way to get it. I would like it for input as well as output queues. The switches I'm hopeful to monitor are 6500's with Sup32 and Sup720s.

I don't know any command off the top of my head which provides informations on queued bytes. There may be a MIB object which gives this information, but you will need to provide your IOS version.

Sorry, I meant to provide that. We are running 12.2(18)SXF.

SXF what? What is the feature set?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: