cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I needed to restore my UC500 from ROMMON. How do I move my System image file from: tftp://192.168.1.100/uc500.......T2 to flash:uc500.

lukekrouse
Level 1
Level 1

My UC520 will not start up on its own. Everytime I try to upgrade the UC520 from CCA it completes and when it prompts me to reboot I have to manually load the IOS using ROMMON. However, I noticed when I performed a sh run that my system image file is not located in my flash. How do I transfer the IOS from tftp://192.168.1.100 to the flash?

Thanks,

Luke

9 Replies 9

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-4858

That should help.

But, did you change your config register?  If so, use this command to change it back.

hostname(config)#config-register 0x2102

Steves,

I was able to successfully restore from ROMMON however, every time the UC500 reboots it still is not successfully launching. When I look at my config though it should that my system image file is located at tftp://192.168.1.100/uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2. It should however be located at

"flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2. I believe that is why I am having errors. My question is how do I load the
IOS in my flash?

I think the problem you have is with your boot system command.

If you do a show run | inc boot

You probably see something like...

boot system tftp://192.168.1.100/uc.....T2

To fix this...

config t

boot system flash:/uc500....T2

Let me know how that works for you.

Actually, before you add the command, negate the one that is currently there.

config t

no boot system tftp://192.168.1.100/uc.....T2 etc.

Actually when I do a show run | inc boot I already see the boot system flash:/uc500....T2. So that did not work.

I am still seeing that my System image file is "tftp://.... I think that is why I am having the issue when I reboot because the UC520 is looking for that file on the TFTP.

A normal functioning UC520 looks like:

System image file is "flash:uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2"

So my question is: How do I change that within the UC520?

Thanks,

Can you post a show ver?  It will show me your config register.  Also, please provide a show tech.

Attached is my show ver.

Skyler: When I do a sh flash, it is empty. There is nothing in my flash except a data.vlan file.

You need to copy the file to flash.

copy tftp flash:

Run a tftp server on your machine.  Follow the prompts and copy the file over.  That should fix the problem. 

If you followed the document I sent, it should copy the file to the flash as well.  If you still have the problem, your flash might be corrupted.

Steve,

I did copy the T2 file over to the flash using a TFTP server and when I rebooted the UC520 it loaded up. I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you check that the system image file is actually on flash?  Issue a show flash command and check to see if it's there.  If the file isn't located where the boot system command says it is, it will look elsewhere i.e. tftp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: