cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with International Calls

dereka
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a site for a client in Australia. I have the gateway running MGCP. Inbound, local, and long distance calls are working but when I make International calls I receive the following error on my q931 debug. Information element not implemented. The local Telco is little to no help with information. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Can you post the Q931 debug output here? That may help with the diagnosis. And are you setting the ISDN plan and type manually using a isdn map command? Can you post your config, or at least the config snippets for the serial interface, the voice-port, and the dial-peer?

Here is the config as well as the debug. I have tried the isdn plan both was on call manager. The default as well as setting it up as international. I have not used the isdn map command on the gateway.

I would suggest setting the ISDN dialplan and type. From interface config mode on S0/0/0:15, enter the following command:

isdn map address 0011T plan isdn type international

Right now, from the Q931 info, it's coming up as unknown/unknown, which is fine for some providers, but it's possible that your INTL LD carrier doesn't like it.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are your Route Patterns set at for international calls?

9.011!

9.011!#

?

9.0011!#

9.0011!

yeah. to many zeros there. The telco only needs 011 for international calls.

Easy test, try dialing 0011 and the int number from your cell phone.... what do you get? Busy..

The telco in Australia gave me this as their international dial plan 0011. I changed this to 011 and I get a telco message back saying the check your number. One thing to mention on the 0011 route pattern the call would ring once on the other end.

oh sorry! Did not realize you were note in the states.

Oh no worries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: