SR520 Could be blocking traffic

Unanswered Question
Oct 16th, 2009

Hi Guys,

About a month ago we installed a SR520 at a client's site. It seems to be running okay, but we have been troubleshooting an issue with Quickbooks crashing when they try to email out of it. After troubleshooting it on the Quickbooks side, it was identified that a content filter (or aggressive firewall) could block (or hold up)the traffic, resulting in this error.

So, I am posting this message in hopes to get some guidance on configuring this SR520 to be more forgiving. Any assistance would be great.

I tried to do a capture, so I could see the traffic that quickbooks it is generating, but it wouldn't accept the capture command.

To further complicate things, I have an IPSEC vpn with another site. The TAC helped me configure it in CLI (took them a while), so I can't really make dramatic changes in CCA.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Seems like quickbooks is a pretty common program in Small Business, so maybe someone else has had a similar issue.

Another line of assistance would be any information on the zone based firewall that it uses.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am attaching the shver and shrun. I changed some ip addresses to protect the innocent.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jamccord Wed, 12/16/2009 - 06:36

What is the complete model number for your SR520?