Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoQoS Cisco 6509

glakovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I came across the following problem. I am trying to activate Auto QoS Voip Cisco-Phone on all ports of a WS-X6148A-45AF and WS-X6148A-GE-45AF modules. After setting the command for this I receive a very strange messages, a repeative :

cos-map configured on all 8 ports on slot 1.

queue-limit configured on all 8 ports on slot 1.

priority-queue-limit configured on all 8 ports on slot 1.

WRED_threshold configured on all 8 ports on slot 1.

cos-map configured on all 48 ports on slot 1.

threshold configured on all 48 ports on slot 1.

The configuration of all ports after that is the same.

I read something about it :

" Some of the generated commands are the type of PFC QoS commands that are applied to all ports

•

controlled by a port ASIC. When one of these commands is applied, PFC QoS displays the messages

caused by application of the command to all the ports controlled by the port ASIC. Depending on

the module, these commands are applied to as many as 48 ports. See the “Number of port groups”

and “Port ranges per port group” listed for each module in the Release Notes for Cisco IOS Release

12.2(33)SXH and Later Releases.

You might not be able to configure support for Cisco IP phones and the other autoQoS options on

•

ports that are controlled by the same port ASIC because of conflicting port trust state requirements."

Does anybody can explain it better to me? Does it mean that the commands are set Asic by Asic to all ports of the module or does it mean it anything else? Will everything work fine on all ports?

Thank you in advance guys!

regards,

Georgi

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Georgi,

my understanding is that you should be able to configure autoQoS for group of ports that are managed by the same ASIC.

the underlying requirements is that all ports managed by an ASIC have to configured in the same way about trust.

the WS-X6148 linecards should have a 8:1 ports to ASIC mapping

check your configuration of ports.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/auto_qos.html#wp1031820

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

after reading all I managed to find about AutoQos and 6500 I think this the right interpretation of the case. I have tested it on smaller switches and when I received that strange(to me) log messages I was confused.

I enabled the feature for all 48 ports and their configurations are the same, so I hope there won't be any problems.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card