Helpful
Replies

WRV200 how to change password?

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

(I am posting this for a customer)

Ich habe ein problem:
bei einem Einbruch wurde mein Laptop gestohlen, hatte mir leider das Passwort auf dem Rechner notiert und kann jetzt meinen Router nicht mehr benützen.
Wie kann ich im router das passwort ändern?.Resetten hat nichts gebracht.

<translated here>

I have a problem:
in a break my laptop was stolen, unfortunately I had  quoted the password on the computer and now I can use my router anymore.
How  can I change the password in the router?. Resetting did not work.

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
2 Replies 2

ripratt
Level 1
Level 1

It's possible your 'reset' did not take.    Make sure you hold in the reset button on the back of the router for no less than 30 seconds.   If that does not work, try this:

1)   Take the power cord out of the device.

2)   Wait 15 seconds.

3)    Press in the reset button

4)    While continuing to hold in the reset button, put the power cord back in.

5)   Hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds after you have powered up the device.

That should reset the router to factory default settings.

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Are you trying to change the routers password, or the wireless password to connect to the router.  Resetting the router would change both, resetting the router back to the default username and password, and also resetting the wireless to use no security.

If you are just trying to reset the wireless password, that can be changed in the routers management interface.

When resetting the router, make sure that you hold down the reset button for 20 seconds.

Darren