Remove Line from IP Phone without Deleting Line

Answered Question
Oct 26th, 2009

How do I remove a line from an device in CM 6 without deleting the line. If I click on the line and click delete, then a warning shows up that I will permanently delete this directory number. If I try to remove the dn and click save, the directory number is required. What I want to do is move the line to another IP phone.

Thanks in Advance,

John

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by vyacheslav.k about 7 years 1 month ago

go to Call Routing -> Directory Number, then choose a line you'd like to remove from the device. Enter this line.

Look for 'Associated Devices' which contains all phones associated with this line. Just select a appropriate phone and click an 'arrow to down'. This phone will be moved to 'Dissociate Devices' section. Click save. That's all.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Mon, 10/26/2009 - 13:22

John,

Go ahead and assign the DN to the new phone. When you assign a DN to a phone when it already exists on another phone in the same partition, it will show up as a shared line and many of the settings will automatically show up (caller ID, VM, etc.) You can then delete it from the original phone.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Correct Answer
vyacheslav.k Tue, 10/27/2009 - 01:46

go to Call Routing -> Directory Number, then choose a line you'd like to remove from the device. Enter this line.

Look for 'Associated Devices' which contains all phones associated with this line. Just select a appropriate phone and click an 'arrow to down'. This phone will be moved to 'Dissociate Devices' section. Click save. That's all.

Actions

This Discussion