Views
Helpful
Replies

RME config versions

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

You can find another thred "RME - Device configuration backup" ofcourse for same problem. But finally we came to conclusion to restore the LMS backup and unfortunately I got to know recently that the LMS backup not happening.

We have LMS 2.6 and RME 4.0.6

1. We have total 50 devices configured under RME one year back.

2. Purging was not enabled.

So, we can have the all versions since one year.

My present problem is I can see the previous backup versions since one year 20 to 30 for other devices. But the one device only not have more than 8 versions that to since 2 months only, which should have all versions as other devices.

And I am sure there was many changes on this device.

Experts can any one experienced this type of problem and help me how to get the previous config versions of the one device which is more important in my environment.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Naidu.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. If RME does not have the configs in its archive, and if you do not have a backup which contains them, then they are lost.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

But at the same time the other devices have the old versions where the one device only giving trouble.

Do we have to check any device configuration settings in CiscoWorks like that...?

Regards,

Naidu.

I've already looked at your purge config, and purging is disabled. There are no other settings. If RME is collecting configs for the devices, then those configs will remain in the archive forever unless the device is removed from RME.

Ok, it may be cause with remove and re add the device.

Now I have to protect my CiscoWorks

I want to create one user just to access and see the details but not to do any changes like adding or removing devices, Can you please tell me how to do this interms of level assign to the user.

And only admin will keep with myself.

Regards,

Naidu.