cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Help

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Please find a question and response I posted on the telephone netpro section. I now need a little help from you chaps in the infrastructure section.

My situation is this - I have a 2650XL VOIP router and need to monitor the DSP interfaces. Jo sent me details of a MIB that I need to complete my task.

We have Ciscoworks LMS3.0.1

I need to now how to install this mib onto my router and also I need to understand if Ciscoworks can be used to monitor the interface or do I need to do it from the command line?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Rod

HI Netpro's

I need to figure out how many of our ports are being used daily on our ISDN PRI circuit. We have 25 channels active and my company I looking to add an additional 200 staff in the coming months. I need to determine if I have enough capactiy in the PRI.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

try this document from Cisco.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00801abe59.shtml

Bye

Jo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HUM will be available in the downloaded LMS 3.0.1 update. You will not find it on the LMS 3.0 DVD.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the Health and Utilization Monitor add-on installed? This would be the only application within LMS into which MIBs can be loaded, and which can do this kind of polling. If you do, you can go to Admin > Load MIB, and load the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB. However, you will first need to go through the IMPORTS clause at the top of that MIB, and load all required dependencies.

Hi John,

thanks - I don't have that add-on. I will look to download it and purchase it if it's what I'm looking for.

Rod

LMS 3.0.1 includes a 90-day eval of HUM 1.0. On top of that, you should apply the 1.0.2 update from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-hum . If you like it, you can purchase a license.

Hi John

Silly question but do I need to run it from the set up cd - or as Ciscoworks is installed is there a local path that I can run it from?

Thanks

Rod

HUM will be available in the downloaded LMS 3.0.1 update. You will not find it on the LMS 3.0 DVD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: