cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you change the Soft Buttons on 7965

farrshepherd
Level 1
Level 1

We are using 7965 phones on a UC540. From the research I have done you can edit the soft buttons on the comamnd line of the router by changing the ephone template. Is this the only way to edit the buttons? We don't want to add or delete any buttons, just change the order they appear in?

5 Replies 5

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, today this feature is not supported through CCA. We have it on the roadmap for future releases of CCA.

-Saurabh

Currently there is information on how to change the ephone template via the CLI on the web. Do you think there is a problem in doing this via the CLI now or could it cause problems since it is not being done in the CCA?

You can configure this in CLI, although there are a couple of things to watch out for:

a) UC 540 is supported by Small Business Support Center which is available for configurations through CCA. CLI configuration is outside the scope of their support.

b) The Softkey configuration is not too complicated, so following one of the documentation shouldn't be too tough. Current version of CCA only configures template 15 and 16, so I would recommend that you keep your configuration in template 11-14. This will keep a future release of CCA from overwriting your configuration.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thanks, that is good advice. Regarding the templates, how are they differentiated? What is the difference between template 11 and template 16? How do I apply the new template I made to the phones after creating the new template? What article do you recommend?

You can find some guidance for this on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmetemps.html. However, note that this is outside the scope of SBSC support.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: