cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which phones / softphones support call recording via the Built in Bridge?

This is often referred to as "Active" recording as it uses a SIP trunk to record a duplicate stream of audio from the recorded phones via the phones own built in bridge.

Not all phones are supported, and the best description I have found states "All 3rd generation phones with a built in bridge" can be recorded.

Can someone expand on this please?

I'm also particularly interested to know if softphones can be recorded in this way?

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi graham,

Devices That Support Call Monitoring and Call Recording

The system supports the following Cisco third-generation IP phones: 7906G, 7911G, 7931G, 7941G, 7941G-GE, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G, and 7971G-GE.

You can add (as they also support the "Built-in Bridge);

7942G,7962G,7945G,7965G and 7975G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1047586

Hope this helps!

Rob

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Besides Rob's answer, I want to share infor about the 6900 series. The hardware of the 69XX phones is capable for BIB functionality, but the monitoring and recording feature will be supported until firmware 9.0(2) which is targeted for Q1CY10.

So the 6900s come with a BIB, but you will not be able to use it for monitoring or recording until that firmware comes out.

Regards,

Teresa.

If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for the quick and very helpful information.

Am I right in thinking that Cisco softphones can not be recorded in this way?

AFAIK CIPC 7.x does support BIB feature. Silent monitoring and recording feature is supported on CUCM version 6.1.3 and above.

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Update on this one, please - is there a reference link/resource that provides BiB support for current/new IP phones?  The most recent "Features" guide doesn't provide any details, and this should be in the datasheets, IMO.  Right now, I'm looking specifically at the 6900-series and the new CIPC.  (I know these are both referenced above, but I'm looking for a website I can bookmark for this moving forward.)

Thanks again.

Hi Pete

Is Call recording Supports on Cisco Jabber Clients

Thanks

shameer

yes, it is

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: