Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zebra Printer can not connect with static IP Address to WLC

Hi,

I have some Zebra printer with static IP Address, they are unable to connect to the WLAN, but if I enable DHCP required, the connect. In the WLAN configuration, I'm permiting static IP Address asignment.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is the problem that it doesn't associate/authenticate, or that you can't talk to it once it does?

Check out http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

The troubleshooting section talks about passive devices (like printers) and that a work around is to implement mac filtering and define a mac filter with ip address on the WLC. Funny thing is that the example even says "zebra_printer".... so you might want to create a new wlan for your printer and do mac filtering (just make sure you define a mac filter with the IP address of the zebra printer).... maybe this will help?

Well, you might be interested in bugs:

CSCse63908

CSCsq46427

Regards!

mike_perish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I worked on this issue for about 4 months before we got a resoultion.

You can talk to Zebra support about SR#555892 from December of 2006 about this issue.

I received a custom firmware from Zebra with special installation instructions in order to get the printers working properly.

They may have a better workaround in place, we have since discontinued our use of those printers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card