Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Zebra Printer can not connect with static IP Address to WLC

Hi,

I have some Zebra printer with static IP Address, they are unable to connect to the WLAN, but if I enable DHCP required, the connect. In the WLAN configuration, I'm permiting static IP Address asignment.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Is the problem that it doesn't associate/authenticate, or that you can't talk to it once it does?

Check out http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008084f13b.shtml

The troubleshooting section talks about passive devices (like printers) and that a work around is to implement mac filtering and define a mac filter with ip address on the WLC. Funny thing is that the example even says "zebra_printer".... so you might want to create a new wlan for your printer and do mac filtering (just make sure you define a mac filter with the IP address of the zebra printer).... maybe this will help?

Well, you might be interested in bugs:

CSCse63908

CSCsq46427

Regards!

mike_perish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I worked on this issue for about 4 months before we got a resoultion.

You can talk to Zebra support about SR#555892 from December of 2006 about this issue.

I received a custom firmware from Zebra with special installation instructions in order to get the printers working properly.

They may have a better workaround in place, we have since discontinued our use of those printers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card