cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC InBand Wireless Deployment

renato.berana
Level 1
Level 1

We are deploying Cisco NAC IB Virtual GW for wireless but since this is the first time to deploy NAC on wireless environment I am totally lost. The version of NAC is 4.1.3.1. On the NAC Manager I configured the VLAN Mapping and Managed Subnet. On the WLC clients are authenticating to an ACS 5.0 using PEAP. The switch is configured as per NAC deployment guide for NAC IB VGW. Now when we change the VLAN on the WLC to be the AUTH VLAN the client are not able to access anything they are acquiring IP from the WLC. My question is how did the WLC redirect the traffic to the NAC. On wired environment SNMP is used right but how about the wireless, how will I configure the WLC to send the traffic to the NAS. Radius accounting is configure on the WLC and is pointing to the NAS. Attached is the topology.

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Renato,

Do you have anywhere on your network interface vlan 215 defined? Even in shutdown state and no ip address, do you have a definition of interface vlan 215?

Faisal

Vlan 215 is defined on the core switch nothing is defined, it is only L2 no SVI.

Renato,

Please open a TAC case so an engineer can do a sanity check of your settings.

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: