Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Install 4.2 fails -

Kevin Morales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello..

I'm trying to install ACS 4.2 in windows server 2003 enterprise spanish. The installer comes to 99%, and then aborts. Event viewer reports on some Dr.Watson error, application error in _INS5576._MP. if install the trial version ACS all work fine!!.. the problem is with the CD.

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I went through the ACS system requirement guide and I don't see anywhere if it is supported on spanish OS. There could be an issue with the CD. However, I would like you to use the same CD with

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Enterprise Edition or Standard Edition (English version only)

You may check this here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/installation/guide/windows/install.html#wp1041324

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

ok..i try install in windows english version...thankyou!..

hello, i try to install in windows server 2003 version english and..not work!!:. another test I done was to download the version trial and that if can install it in the Spanish version and English. another test was install the ACS licensed in windows 2000 server and works. do which believe that it is the problem that cannot be installed on windows 2003?...the error is the same _INS5576._MP

sorry but my english..

Please try to clear ACS FROM registry.

PLEASE TAKE A REGISTRY BACKUP BEFORE PROCEEDING AND USE IT WITH CAUTION.

For ACS version 4.X use following

1. Regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | CISCO | Cisco Secure ACS 4.x - delete this subtree

2. Delete also subtree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows| Current Version| Uninstall | CiscoSecure ACS v4.X

3. Delete manually all files and folders itself left from "broken" installation

4. reboot

5. re-install or upgrade

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you for your reply, I did what you said but doesn't the intalacion. I would call cisco support..

Hello!!

I already installed the acs. I had to put the CD into the server itself and install vnc remotely. soon put the cd on my PC and shared the drive. thanks for your support everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: