Additional Characters in message filter

Unanswered Question
Oct 27th, 2009

Hey,

following problem:
there are several disclaimers in several languages. I check the mails whether a disclaimer is already added with a message filter.

But there are some additional characters like ß, ñ, ž, á etc.

I don't know how to type in theses characters on the CLI.
I already changed the character-set at putty, but it doesn't helped.


Any ideas?


Greetz,
Sven

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
thetzel_ironport Tue, 10/27/2009 - 16:49

I haven't tested this myself, but you could try creating a custom disctionary from the web GUI and then create a message filter to check against that dictionary. This should allow you to check against the special characters that can't be added in the CLI.

sven_warnke_ironport Thu, 10/29/2009 - 09:57

Ok, im confused: i tried the following filters with dictionary-match('DE_Disclaimer'). Strangely my disclaimer was added every time.

Because of this i replaced the dictionarymatch with a body-contains("Text of Disclaimer",1) without special characters or something like that. Same effect like before...the disclaimere was added every time.

Because of this i tried to modify the construction of my filter (see below).

Can somebody tell me, why the following filters do not work?


de_disclaimer:
if(header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From') AND NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'))
{
add-footer("DE_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
.



de_disclaimer:
if header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From'){
if NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'){
add-footer("De_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
}
.
karlyoun Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:14



Can somebody tell me, why the following filters do not work?


de_disclaimer:
if(header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From') AND NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'))
{
add-footer("DE_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
.



de_disclaimer:
if header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From'){
if NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'){
add-footer("De_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
}
.


Those filters are equivalent. Is it really matching on every message, or is it just ones that match the first condition?

The problem must lie in the dictionaries. What's in them? Does De_Disclaimer have the entire text of your disclaimer, or just a single phrase?

-karl
sven_warnke_ironport Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:21

thx. for your reply. i also thought they're equal. but i was not sure...now i am ;)


The Disclaimer contains just a single phrase.
A few seconds after your reply i found out why it didn't worked.

The disclaimer starts with our company name. And the name contains a plus (+) After a lot of search i found out that the + also is used in regular expressions.
The solution: Typing a backslash in front of the +


Thank you for your help

karlyoun Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:27

thx. for your reply. i also thought they're equal. but i was not sure...now i am ;)


The Disclaimer contains just a single phrase.
A few seconds after your reply i found out why it didn't worked.

The disclaimer starts with our company name. And the name contains a plus (+) After a lot of search i found out that the + also is used in regular expressions.
The solution: Typing a backslash in front of the +


Thank you for your help


Excellent!

Actions

This Discussion