Views
Helpful
Replies

Device does not appear in the topology view

skmdimran
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Concern,

I have installed LMS on Windows 2003 server. And everything was going smoothly.

Recently I have found a problem like that, when I add a device, it shows in the DCR,

But when I try to add this device to a group for topology view it does not appear in the

desired groups and also in the topology map.

Please note that number of devices did not cross the license limit.

Required information putted in the Cisco devices and many times I added and deleted the same devices but the problem is same.

Regards,

Imran

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager do you have? What type of device is missing? Have you configured any Campus Data Collection filters?

Campus Manager version 4.0.6.

devices are missing c3845, 3560switch.

Actually I have 10 unit of cisco 3560 switches and 7 of them working properly but facing problems with rest of the devices.

In case of router: earlier it was working but by change it is not coming in the topology view.

I did not configured any Campus Data Collection filters.

You are most likely seeing a known bug where Data Collection doesn't really run. It is fixed in Campus Manager 4.0.11 and higher. I recommend you upgrade to 4.0.13 from Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Is there any prerequisite to update to 4.0.13 from the current version ?

Please help me.

Is there any prerequisite to update to 4.0.13 from the current version ?

Please help me.

Yes, you must first upgrade to CM 4.0.10, then you can move to 4.0.13. Software Center should take you through .10 first, then .13.

Thanks for the update.

Is the version upgrade from CM 4.0.6 to 10 and then 13 for free or is there any license issue involved ?

The upgrade is free.

Thanks a lot !

I will follow your instruction and I will inform you the update.

Dear Concern,

Thanks a lot !

I have updated Campus manager version 4.06 to 4.0.13 and also common services 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 . After updating, devices that was missing earlier in the topology view are now coming in the topology view.

But still there is a problem few links are not showing in the topology map.

for example : One device has three links two links are showing but left one does not.

Please help me . This is an urgent issue.

First, you should now be on CS 3.0.6. CM 4.0.13 doesn't work with 3.0.5. As for the links, verify that CDP is properly negotiated across the missing links and that you see each end of the link in the devices' CDP caches.

Sorry for giving you wrong information, actually I have updated common services 3.0.5 to 3.0.6. I have check that CDP is running and CDP neighbors shows the neighbor devices but does not show link.

Please note that missing links were showing in the topology map before updating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: