cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 with Domino - Message Store Configuration Wizard Fails

timothyweaver
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to setup a test environment. I have a working Domino 8.5.1 server, have installed DUCS 1.2(5), and configured the templates and ACLs per the documentation.

The Unity server is W2K3 SP2 with all updates per the documentation and the Updates Wizard. I installed the Lotus Notes 8.5.1 client (and nothing else) plus Unity and applied ES21 (for Domino 8.5.1 support). I then installed the license file which includes Domino support.

When I get to the Message Store Configuration Wizard, I get the attached dialogs with no indication of the cause of the error. It won't proceed...it just ends the wizard.

I have run the Permissions Wizard multiple times. The Unity server is the AD server (and the only server in AD) and I am installed / running everything as Administrator so cannot imagine a permissions issue.

3 Replies 3

timothyweaver
Level 1
Level 1

I resolved the problem. ES21 does not, by itself, incorporate the whole fix provided in the CiscoUnity_LotusNotes8.xSupport fix - even though it was issued well after the 8.x fix.

By applying the above fix, the Message Store Configuration Wizard ran successfully and everything seems to be working fine.

I am in the exact same situation.  I have applied both ES21 and the CiscoUnity_LotusNotes8.xSupport fix. That didn't fix it for me.  This is Domino 8.5.1 with Notes 8.5.1 installed on Cisco 7.0.2.  Are you sure there wasn't something else you may have done to get around this?

You will need to run the TestWritableDomainController.exe.

It seems to follow along with: CSCsv47328. Applies even though you are running Domino.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: