Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcasting live from outside the network

fbhutto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a DME1100, Video Portal and DMM running 5.1. I want to take the DME1100 offsite where I have broadband connectivity and do a live broadcast to the public network. This remote location will be behind a firewall and I will most likely have an inside address (not a public one). What do I need to accomplish that? Please advise.

5 Replies 5

juwoods09
Level 1
Level 1

If you receive any information on how to do this, please let me know as I am trying to do the same thing. Thanks for any help.

david-webb
Level 1
Level 1

I assume your "public" network in this scenario is a public addressed LAN where your DMM, VP, and users reside. If so, do you have a 2nd DME at your public site? If so you could use the procedure in the DMM docs for "Setting up Live Events Using 3rd Party Streams" treating the remote DME1100 as the 3rd party stream. The big issue (I've never tried this) is if, or how well, you can NAT the stream.

I found a solution which didnt require me to open up ports on teh firewall or worry about NAT etc. Instead of the pull stream, I am pushing the stream from my DME to playstream.com

They provide a service where I pay $20/month for subscription and a penny per meg for data transfer to broadcast events live. It is amazing how it works. Easy to setup. just point the DME to the publishing point on their site and start broadcasting. Beauty is that you dont need to deal with ports for pull stream or open up firewall or public IP. Just push the content out and you are set!

How do you point the DME to the publishing point? So you literally don't have to do anything (wiring, plugging in/out)?

obviously you need power and ethernet connectivity and cables from your video source (video camera in my case). You do a push configuraiton on the DME. you can set it up locally by logging in to the DME1100 (no need to access it via DMM) and then set up a encoding profile to do a push. it asks for server URL and publishing point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: