Views
Helpful
Replies

Portsecurity MAC-address problem

billetj01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a strange and very annoying problem on a switch 3750-48TS with IOS 12.2(40)SE.

On each port I have :

switchport mode access

switchport port-security

switchport port-security mac-address xx..

But on one port which was in use before, I am trying to configure it again and at the stpe to put the mac address I have the follwing message :

"total secure mac-addresses on interface Fastethernet 5/0/35 has reached maximum limit"

When I am checking the portsecurity address table it is empty foiar that port, and also empty in "show mac address-table..." for that port.

I have of course use the "no switchport.." commands but nothing change.

Someone has an idea ?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

jason.henderson
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried taking all the port-security commands off and reapplying? I've seen a similar issue where changing the switchport port-security mac-address xx line didn't work, and the only way to get it working was removing all the lines relating to security.

Jason.

Hi,

I have tried to remove all command for port-security for that interface, but nothing. For the full stack I can't (5 switches in the stack with about 130 people)

I have used a workaround so far by setting a maximum number to 5 which is I know higher than needed. And it is working so far.

Really strange problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card