Saurabh Verma Wed, 10/28/2009 - 06:01
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

That's correct. The IP Phone licenses are included for UC 500s. You don't need to purchase licenses, just purchase the IP Phones as spares.

HTH,
Saurabh

David Trad Thu, 10/29/2009 - 01:10
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2013 Small Business

Ahhh i have been meaning to ask this very question for some time now, glad i read this thread :)

saverma wrote:

That's correct. The IP Phone licenses are included for UC 500s. You don't need to purchase licenses, just purchase the IP Phones as spares.

HTH,
Saurabh

Ok but lets just say i would like to add more ephone/dn licenses to a 16U system, am i allowed to upgrade how many phones can connect to the system?

I would like to upgrade this 16U system to a 24/28U license, without having to ugprade the physical box itself, can the UC500 16U with a BRI card in it support the expansion of licenses/users?

I really hope the answer is yes.

Cheers,

David.

Saurabh Verma Thu, 10/29/2009 - 06:02
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi David,

That's a limitation on UC 520 platforms. If you have the desktop form factor system (8-user or 16-user system), it cannot be expanded beyond 16 + 2 floating licenses. To move to a 24-user system you will have to purchase the rack-mount system that scales from 24 to 64 users. We've overcome this limitation on UC 540 which can support a maximum of 32 users on the desktop form factor.

-Saurabh

Actions

This Discussion