cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 - Phone Licensing

tsantos
Level 1
Level 1
It is not necessary to insert phone license in the UC500 devices? CP-5xx, 79xx, SPA 5x ....
3 Replies 3

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

That's correct. The IP Phone licenses are included for UC 500s. You don't need to purchase licenses, just purchase the IP Phones as spares.

HTH,
Saurabh

Ahhh i have been meaning to ask this very question for some time now, glad i read this thread :)

saverma wrote:

That's correct. The IP Phone licenses are included for UC 500s. You don't need to purchase licenses, just purchase the IP Phones as spares.

HTH,
Saurabh

Ok but lets just say i would like to add more ephone/dn licenses to a 16U system, am i allowed to upgrade how many phones can connect to the system?

I would like to upgrade this 16U system to a 24/28U license, without having to ugprade the physical box itself, can the UC500 16U with a BRI card in it support the expansion of licenses/users?

I really hope the answer is yes.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

That's a limitation on UC 520 platforms. If you have the desktop form factor system (8-user or 16-user system), it cannot be expanded beyond 16 + 2 floating licenses. To move to a 24-user system you will have to purchase the rack-mount system that scales from 24 to 64 users. We've overcome this limitation on UC 540 which can support a maximum of 32 users on the desktop form factor.

-Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: