voice gaps in 7921 when roaming between cisco APs controllers

Unanswered Question
Oct 28th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi all

i have a problem with the voice calls when roaming between aps (1130). my controllers are on version 4.2.61.0. is there something i can do on the configuration side to fix this? the phone just goes quite (silent) but the call doesnt get dropped, it remains active.

I have seen a similar question here on the blog, but i doesnt give more clarity on what i should do to resolve this...

Your feedback will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Stefanick Wed, 10/28/2009 - 21:50
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

I just had this same issue. You can create a syslog under advance on the phone and see the actual roam times. It should be under 150ms.

What i did to reslove my issue --

* Upgarded phones to 1.3.3

* Upgarded controllers from 42.176 to 4.2.207

I also reviewed the power levels on the aps and adjusted as needed.

lucky.sibanyoni Thu, 10/29/2009 - 00:45
User Badges:

Hi,

i cannot see/find the advance option on the phone (7921G). is this configured on the phone?

can you provide me with a screenshot for setting up the syslog on the phone?

Thanks

Lucky

migilles Thu, 11/05/2009 - 17:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You will need to enable full web access for the phone in the CM to be able to make changes on the 7921/7925 via the web.

Syslog is under the trace settings configuration.

jjcool.cisco Wed, 12/09/2009 - 11:27
User Badges:

Granted I have a much simpler wireless setup (the APs are autonomous), I was having a similiar problem where there would be a brief skip in the audio when roaming to a new AP.  It turned out by turning on "admit-traffic" under the "dot11 ssid" section of the config it fixed my problem.  It's worth a shot if you don't already have that configured.

Leo Laohoo Fri, 12/11/2009 - 14:55
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Don't go to the "21a" autonomous IOS because the sub-command "admit-traffic" has been removed.  I had to roll-back because my 7921/7925 just went haywire.

Actions

This Discussion