Views
Helpful
Replies

voice gaps in 7921 when roaming between cisco APs controllers

lucky.sibanyoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

i have a problem with the voice calls when roaming between aps (1130). my controllers are on version 4.2.61.0. is there something i can do on the configuration side to fix this? the phone just goes quite (silent) but the call doesnt get dropped, it remains active.

I have seen a similar question here on the blog, but i doesnt give more clarity on what i should do to resolve this...

Your feedback will be highly appreciated

Thanks

6 Replies 6

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest to upgrade to 5.2.193.0.

Also ensure the 7921 phones are running firmware 1.3(2) or later.

See the 7921G Deployment Guide for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just had this same issue. You can create a syslog under advance on the phone and see the actual roam times. It should be under 150ms.

What i did to reslove my issue --

* Upgarded phones to 1.3.3

* Upgarded controllers from 42.176 to 4.2.207

I also reviewed the power levels on the aps and adjusted as needed.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi,

i cannot see/find the advance option on the phone (7921G). is this configured on the phone?

can you provide me with a screenshot for setting up the syslog on the phone?

Thanks

Lucky

You will need to enable full web access for the phone in the CM to be able to make changes on the 7921/7925 via the web.

Syslog is under the trace settings configuration.

jjcool.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Granted I have a much simpler wireless setup (the APs are autonomous), I was having a similiar problem where there would be a brief skip in the audio when roaming to a new AP.  It turned out by turning on "admit-traffic" under the "dot11 ssid" section of the config it fixed my problem.  It's worth a shot if you don't already have that configured.

Don't go to the "21a" autonomous IOS because the sub-command "admit-traffic" has been removed.  I had to roll-back because my 7921/7925 just went haywire.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: