wired rogue detector

Answered Question
Oct 28th, 2009

I'm unable to see my 1130 I've setup as a rogue detector after creating a trunk on the port it's connected to. If I remove the trunk and put it into a switchport mode access I can see it fine. The trunk shows as up on the 4510 switch side. I've tried a crossover cable on the trunk, but still no luck. The documentation I've read, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080722d8c.shtml

just describes it as being plugged into a trunk, nothing else, but am I missing part of the configuration?

thank you,

Bill

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jeromehenry_2 about 7 years 1 month ago

Hi Bill,

Your AP is on a trunk so that it can get the ARP requests... but it also needs to get to a controller. SO if your AP was originally in VLAN 6, for example, you should set your trunk to native vlan 6 (switchport trunk native vlan 6), so that the AP can still get to the controller...

hth

Jerome

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jeromehenry_2 Wed, 10/28/2009 - 06:52

Hi Bill,

Your AP is on a trunk so that it can get the ARP requests... but it also needs to get to a controller. SO if your AP was originally in VLAN 6, for example, you should set your trunk to native vlan 6 (switchport trunk native vlan 6), so that the AP can still get to the controller...

hth

Jerome

jeromehenry_2 Wed, 10/28/2009 - 07:10

Cool!

Thanks for grading (grading is very useful for other people to know that the thread contains the solution if they have a similar question), so 5 points for you for grading!

Take care

Jerome

Actions

This Discussion