Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS - Load From Seed File fails

m.vuckovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody.

I have problem with importing larger number of devices into MARS using Load from Seed File funcionality. I successfully connect to FTP server but I receive following error:

Status: Errors occured while retrieving csv file from ftp server. sed: can't read /tmp/mars.csv: No such file or directory while executing "exec sed -i "s/\15//g" /tmp/$fileName" (file "./ftpconfig.exp" line 243)

Any ideas how to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance

Marko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

It seems to me that if you have any of the following characters in SNMP string "/\.*[]^$" it could make problems to sed which is parsing the file. Try to change SNMP strings to avoid those characters.

BR,

--

Marko

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try breaking the seed files contents into two different files?

Hi.

I did this. I made smaller 5 lines file which includes just IP's and snmp string data for hosts. Stil same message.

Is it possible to post your seed file after replacing sensitive information with dummy values?

Regards

Farrukh

Of course. I'm attaching it. SNMP string values arereplaced with wildcards.

Best regrads, Marko

Hello,

It seems to me that if you have any of the following characters in SNMP string "/\.*[]^$" it could make problems to sed which is parsing the file. Try to change SNMP strings to avoid those characters.

BR,

--

Marko

Hello, Marko.

This is true. I have '$' in my snmp string. But I've tried also with different snmp string with no special characters and the problem still persists.

Best regards,

Marko

H, everybody.

Sorry to bother you all because the mistake was realy something completely different. Importing the file via ftp uses passive ftp and there were some problems with permission of hat traffic.

Thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: