cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to remove blinking envelope from phone ?

mcdonovan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Is it possible to disable the blinking envelope displayed on phones when a new message arrives? Could not find anything on this.

Unity version 7.0(2.0)

Back end is Domino server WWMAIL02

CM version: 7.0.2.20000-5

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can, but it would also disable the red MWI light that indicates a new message. You can do this per subscriber by going to Unity web admin > Subscribers > Messages and uncheck "Use MWI for message notification." You can also change this for new subscribers by changing a subsriber template or you can use Bulk Edit in the Unity Tools Depot to change multiple existing subsribers.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Just to add a note to the good tips from my friend Brandon (+5 points here Brandon)

You can also play with these settings under the DN Config page in CUCM

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy

Use System Policy

Light and prompt

Light Only

Prompt Only

None

Interestingly enough, you can remove the text prompt or the RED lamp but not the Envelope icon alone :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Good point. I didn't think about the DN settings. Interesting that you can remove the other prompts, but not the envelope.

Brandon

Great info. Five points to you both. I suppose there is no way to turn off the blinking envelope for just one line on a phone? We have a shared DN on the 3rd line display of 22 phones that lands on a group VM box in Unity. This is the line in we want to remove the blinking envelope from.

Yes, you can turn it off for this DN on a particular phone as Rob indicated or you can turn off MWI for this mailbox in Unity.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Perfect. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: