Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-BR1310G-E-K9, error: cannot associate: No response

jerome.gimbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have to do a wireless bridge with 2 AIR-BR1310G-E-K9. I configure 1 AP root bridge and 1 AP non-root bridge, with the same SSID.

But on the AP non-root bridge, the interface dot11 radio don't change it state to up and give this error: %DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No Response.

I don't why it doesn't work. Even if i try a configuration which it already work on a site, it doesn't work to.

So I ask to me if there is a problem with internal antenna?

If I configure the 2 AP to access point role with 2 different ssid, I can see the 2 ssid but with a weak signal.

This AP can work without external antennas?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies 2

jerome.gimbert
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry but the exact reference is AIR-BR1310G-E-K9-R, and it seems to need externa antennas ...

Sorry to say, but if the part number contains "-R', external antennas are required. There is no internal antenna in that unit.

This brings back (painful) memories of first ordering 1300s. I had a very similar experience. :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card