[WLAN Controller] Disconnect Client PC in AP

Answered Question
Oct 28th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi Guys,

How can I disconnect client PC from AP using Wireless LAN controller 4402? I can only disconnect my APs but not the client of AP.

Thanks in Advance.

Correct Answer by Leo Laohoo about 7 years 6 months ago

You're not the only one who's busy! :)

When you choose to "CONTAIN" an AP, client or something, this means that up to 4 of your LAP will take a round-robin approach and transmit a massive amount of de-authenticate packet to the poor bugger. Basically, it's a DoS and the target will be unable to authenticate to your wireless network until you lift the containment. So make sure you want to do this.

From the main webpage, Ad-Hoc rogue. You'll find the wireless MAC address of your target client. Click on this. In a new page, you'll find a number of drop-down menus. Choose "external", "malicious" and choose the number of APs and then you choose Contain.

\Hope this helps.

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Wed, 10/28/2009 - 16:28
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

You mean BAN the client your "disco" for a short duration?

If you want to BAN the client the you have two options: MAC ACL or, my favorite, CONTAIN.

gagamboy15 Sun, 11/01/2009 - 07:12
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply leolohoo and sorry for may late response, I'm quite busy these previous days. :-)

How can use CONTAIN? seems like it is a good tools.

Thanks.

Correct Answer
Leo Laohoo Sun, 11/01/2009 - 13:20
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

You're not the only one who's busy! :)

When you choose to "CONTAIN" an AP, client or something, this means that up to 4 of your LAP will take a round-robin approach and transmit a massive amount of de-authenticate packet to the poor bugger. Basically, it's a DoS and the target will be unable to authenticate to your wireless network until you lift the containment. So make sure you want to do this.

From the main webpage, Ad-Hoc rogue. You'll find the wireless MAC address of your target client. Click on this. In a new page, you'll find a number of drop-down menus. Choose "external", "malicious" and choose the number of APs and then you choose Contain.

\Hope this helps.

gagamboy15 Sun, 11/01/2009 - 16:29
User Badges:

That is amazing! :-) I got it now. Thanks for your help.

Leo Laohoo Sun, 11/01/2009 - 19:53
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

And thanks for the ratings. If you want to undo the containment, go to Ad-Hoc and choose either Unknown or Friendly, external and this will un-contain the client.

Actions

This Discussion