Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 to WRV210 VPN Issue

j.knapp
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning All,

I have a client setup with an RVS4000 VPN router at his office (comcast cable internet) and a WRV210 VPN Router with wireless at his home (cox cable internet).

The VPN has been up and running for about 6 months, with occasional dropouts requiring a reboot of both endpoints to re-establish the VPN.

The WRV210 at his home recently "died", requiring a replacement. The client did the swap himself and called in to Small Business support (?) where they walked him through the router setup.  As of this morning when I checked, the VPN is connected, but I cannot ping between the internal interface on OFFICE to the internal interface on HOME.

I'm in the process of removing the IPSEC entry on the RVS4000 (apparently no option to remove an entry on the WRV210!!!) and disabling/creating new entry on the WRV210.

Any thoughts out there on how to proceed with troubleshooting this?

Regards,

John Knapp

Cisco SMB Select

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

I would look at your setting on the tunnel, can you check the local and remote LAN IP to make they read X.X.X.0

Let me know if this is the problem, if not call back to the SBSC to resolve the issue

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

I would look at your setting on the tunnel, can you check the local and remote LAN IP to make they read X.X.X.0

Let me know if this is the problem, if not call back to the SBSC to resolve the issue

Thanks David,

I've already re-configured both endpoints for single IP only, and using the internal interface IP as the local/remote secured group, with no joy

I was not able to get that new VPN setup to connect until after rebooting the WRV210, and if memory serves - I pretty much had to do that every time I setup a new tunnel (testing and production) on the WRV, and also to reconnect it after the VPN drops out (disconnect & reconnect work fine however)

j.knapp
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

After hours wrangling around on the routers - with the VPN up but unable to ping the other protected subnet from either router, I finally tried ping from one of the protected hosts and it works!

PROBABLY_WORKING_THE_ENTIRE_TIME

WTF Mate?

Why am I not able to ping through the tunnel from either router?

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Glad that I could answer your question.

Have a great day :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: