Upgrade 6.1 to 7.1 on new servers

Answered Question

Hi, i cannot find information on how to make an upgrade from callmanager 6.1 using old servers to callmanager 7.1 with new 7835 servers.

Do anyone knows what is the process or can guide me with the link where lies the procedure. I wonder how do i upload the 6.1 configuration on the new 7.1 servers.

Thank you all for your time.

Thanks

Correct Answer by Jaime Valencia about 7 years 6 months ago

Read this link for the procedure

Migrating from Cisco Unity 4.x or Later to Cisco Unity Connection 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug022.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Wed, 10/28/2009 - 10:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

There are only 2 ways to do this, and they're the same in any version

A) upgrade original system, take backup and restore on fresh install on new server

B) take backup from original system, install same version on new server, restore, then upgrade

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

abu_khair Thu, 03/25/2010 - 00:16
User Badges:

If we choose option A: upgrade original system, take backup and restore on fresh install on new server

License file must be added before or after the backup on the new server?

abu_khair Sun, 04/04/2010 - 05:11
User Badges:

I have CUCM 7.1(3b)SU2 [7.1.3.32900-4]. It was upgrade from 7.1(3b) [7.1.3.30000-1] during installation. The subscriber has been added successfully but when I run Unified CM Cluster Overview Report it shows me a Unified CM Component Version mismatch for more than one component. In fact the mismatched component is not installed at all on the subscriber. This will affect the call process if I forced to IP phones to register on the subscriber.

Attached is the XML file for that report.

Actions

This Discussion