cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME SLOW

john.wright
Level 3
Level 3

I have been running my syslog severity level summary report per device type for almost two years with no problems. lately the report takes about about five minutes to appear instead of 20 seconds.

Every other funcntion on the RME menu seems normal.

I had the server team check the server and they say it works just fine.

FYI I run another ap on this same server with no issues.

LMS 2.6 RME 4.0.6

Any help appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be that you have a lot more syslog messages now, and the SQL queries are taking longer to run. What are your syslog purging settings? How many messages are you receiving per second?

i keep for 7 days and purge everyday

I know that we receive a lot per second because the ASA's send a lot.

There is something you could try. If the syslog dataspace has become overly fragmented, this could lead to a performance problem. TAC Can provide you with a DBSpaceReclaimer.class tool which will drop and recreate these dataspaces. All current syslogs will be lost (but you could save them out to a flat file first), but you'll have a clean slate for running reports moving forward.

Of course, if, during the following week, performance gradually gets worse, then the amount of syslogs is certainly causing the problem. In that case, your workarounds are:

* Get more CPU power (i.e. more CPUs, cores, etc.)

* Configure a shorter purge cycle

* Schedule the reports so you're not sitting on the computer waiting for them to complete.

My LMS 2.6 is not under smartnet contract so how do I get the DBSpace tool?

If you cannot open a TAC service request, you cannot get this tool. It cannot be posted to the forum.

Ok thanks for the help

May just reduce the number of syslog msg that we are keeping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: