Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Running Config fetch failed

hlichiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this msg when i try to archive the config file from all the device (1400 devices) :

VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed....VLAN Config fetch is not supported usinf TFTP.

I'm reading some topics about. I don't known why it doesn't work.

I'am trying manualy to copy the vlan.dat from a device to LMS with TFTP. To do that, i have created an empty vlan.dat file on /tftpboot. It works fine.

This directory have a permission of 777 for root and other.

Attached the dcmaservice.log

It seems LMS can't create a new temporary file to /tftpboot. Rgards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LMS uses the routing table to find the appropriate local server address. However, this can be overridden on a per-device basis by editing the RME ID under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME is trying to copy vlan.dat to:

tftp://192.168.1.147/20091028191759232-10.126.44.10.cfg

Is that the correct IP address of the RME server? Is that the same address you used in your testing?

Oups...I'm tied.

You are right. It's a secondary address. Where can i change it. Thx

LMS uses the routing table to find the appropriate local server address. However, this can be overridden on a per-device basis by editing the RME ID under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Device Attributes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: