Helpful
Replies

Voice Messaging

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have a query that i want to ask either its possible to configure or not :

if i sent voice msg from ip phone A to ip phone B, whn i open voice msg at phone B the recording says you have received voice msg from phone A.

But if i sent voice msg from my mobile to ip phone A and when i retrieve voice msg on phone A, recording is not mention from which mobile or PSTN number I have received voice msg,recording is informing just the time only, its not saying the caller number ...

how we can configure Unity Connection so that recording mentions the caller information ..

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anis,

Have a look at the "Sender's ANI" section below;

To Change What Cisco Unity Connection Plays Before and After a Message for an Individual User or Template

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit Menu, click Playback Message Settings.

Step 3 On the Playback Message Settings page, under Before Playing Each Message Play, check or uncheck any or all of the following check boxes:

Sender's Information For messages left by an identified user, check this check box to have Connection play the recorded name of the user. If the user does not have a recorded name, Connection plays the primary extension that is associated with the user instead.

Include Extension Check this check box to have Connection include the extension of the identified user who left the message, in addition to the recorded name.

Message Number Check this check box to have Connection announce the sequential number of a message. (For example, "Message 1, a voice message... Message 2, a voice message....")

Time the Message Was Sent Check this check box to have Connection announce the time that the message was sent by the caller.

**Sender's ANI For messages left by an outside caller, check this check box to have Connection provide the phone number (ANI or caller ID) information before playing the message.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac040.html#wp1277708

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi rob,

Thanks for your help !!!

can we do the same for Cisco Unity 5.X as well ???

Regards,

In Cisco Unity 5.0(1) you can set the following settings from the Message Review tab in the Bulk Edit utility:

-- Announce sender's extension for messages from subscribers

-- Announce ANI for messages from unidentified callers

In Cisco Unity 7.0(2) the settings were added to the Cisco Unity Web Administration as well, for both the Subscriber and Subscriber Templates on the Conversation page in the "Message Playback" section:

great ....

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: