Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP not joining WiSM in Virtualization mode

eliesbat25
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I have 2 WiSM running in virtualization mode, the AP are not able join, knowing that i am running DHCP locally on the core switch and there is no DNS server, when I checked the boot of the access point it is saying it is unable to receive vci code and unable to resolve CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER. the access point is 1252. I tried the configuration of option 43 on the core when the dhcp is located but it is not working do u have any running configuration for this?

Thanks,

Elie

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The access point can discover controllers through your domain name server (DNS). For the access point to do so, you must configure your DNS to return controller IP addresses in response to CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER.localdomain, where localdomain is the access point domain name. When an access point receives an IP address and DNS information from a DHCP server, it contacts the DNS to resolve CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER@localdomain. When the DNS sends a list of controller IP addresses, the access point sends discovery requests to the controllers.

How about going to the AP and keying in at the cli cisco-lwapp-controller xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x is the address of a controller. Of course if you don't have the vlans on the switch configure properly it wont matter as the join requests wont reach the management interface of the controller either.

Guys

the problem is solved and it was an error in the DHCP configuration on the core switches. there were missing 0 in the address and error in conversion between the decimal and hexadecimal base.

Thanks,

Elie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card