Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator problem

js
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I got a small problem with IP Communicator. It basically works fine but for some reason when I call an extension, like 1002, which is a physical IP Phone, they can't hear me. But if they speak I do hear them.

Weird thing is that if I call the secondary number, which is a e.164 number of extension 1002, I'm able to talk and they will hear me. Also calling to a cellphone works just fine with IP Communicator. Only problem is calling to extensions with IP Communicator.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this? Or what's causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Grant

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very likely a routing issue. If you put the PC with IPC on the same network/subnet as the physical phone, does it work?

Brandon

No.

Could it be a VLAN issue? Because I have VLAN 1 for Access VLAN and VLAN 200 for Voice VLAN. Since my PC is on VLAN 1, I'm guessing that's causing the problem.

If so, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Grant

Could be a problem with inter-VLAN routing. Try putting the PC in the voice VLAN and making the call as a test.

Brandon

Your IP communicator is using access VLAN configured on port (not a voice vlan). So it's an access-list somewhere causing one-way audio.

Fixed my issue. I added a static route to my PC to reach the 10.1.1.0 network, which is the DHCP. At first I wasn't able to ping a IP Phone from my pc, but now I am.

I guess no VLAN issues.

Is adding a static route to every pc that is going to use IP Communicator a good way to solve this problem or is there a better way to do this?

Everyone, thank you for your replies.

Grant

A better option would be to add a route to your default gateway so that it knows how to get to the 10.1.1.0 network. Less work and less room for error.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: