cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE LAB Hardware/software requirenments

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

We plan on setting up a test lab for ICM/CVP. Per the link below, directions stated two windows 2003 servers will be required. Will this be ok to run in vmware? Also, what is the minimum disk space, ram and processor speed I need if setup in vmware?

lastly, do I need sql 2005 or can we still use sql 2000?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1374

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

In the lab, VMWare works well. For UCCE 7.5 you want SQL 2005 - if you use 7.2(7) you could use SQL 2000.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

The BOM calls for Enterprise, but honestly I'm curious if this will work. I don't know the answer, but let us know if it works.

david

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

In the lab, VMWare works well. For UCCE 7.5 you want SQL 2005 - if you use 7.2(7) you could use SQL 2000.

Regards,

Geoff

You don't need much RAM or hd space to run a lab, however remember that the more RAM you give it, the better. I've seen labs running on 1 gig of RAM and under 20 gigs of HD space.

david

Thanks Guys.

so sounds like for the lab, no specific hardware requirenments for ICM/CVP.

no hardware check with ICM/CVP like there still is with UCCX?

Regards,

Correct, no hardware check.

david

We run full CUCM-CUPS-UCCE-CVP (SIP) demo systems on a couple of laptops using VMWare. Memory is cheap.

Regards,

Geoff

One last question, then you're all get getting the 5 points you deserve:)

Can I use sql 2005 express?

thanks

The BOM calls for Enterprise, but honestly I'm curious if this will work. I don't know the answer, but let us know if it works.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: