cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Call Handler integration CUCM 7.0 Unity 5.0

Techie2008
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up call handlers to answer at two high schools. I have the call handlers configured and the voice recordings done. I have created CTI route points in CUCM. I am stumped as to what I do next and how I get the calls to actually go to the call handler. Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Set the CTI DN = as the call handler DN

Set CFA to VM on the CTI DN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I have everything set up that way. Here is what needs to happen. When they call the school number XXXX they need to be sent to the call handler after hours. I can't get it to forward there. I can call that number and navigate through all the call handlers I set up perfectly, but even if I call forward all on my number to the CTI number (in this case 3701) it just goes to my voice mail and not the call handler. It's driving me nuts!

That's because Unity uses the original called number for that. In that the system is WAD. You can change it to the last redirecting number

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

OR configure call routing rules to match the CTI DN.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. I have been working with CUCM for about 4 years, but we just upgraded to 7.0 last month. We were still at 4.0. The other call handlers were already set up and then we added the 2 high schools last month. Also, I need it to answer during the day after 3 or 4 rings and I need it to answer all after 4:00.

If there is not another answer, "configure call routing rules to match the CTI DN" Call routing in the CTI port itself, in the DN or in Unity? And route it to where? Once again, thanks.

Still looking for help.

I got it to work doing this: I made a CTI RP with the same number as the CH in Unity. Then I made a voice mail profile with that same number. Then, in the main number for the school, I used that voice mail profile and did Call Forward All. Does that sound acceptable?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: