Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS report Clients per AP

Hello,

Just recently installed our WCS(6.0) and I need to track how many users are connecting to each AP. Is there a report like that. I went to the templates but could not locate one I see one for client count, but I need one for client count per AP.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

mike

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.smeets
Level 1
Level 1

Monitor > Access Points from the Home Page shows you the current number of clients per AP... Is that what you want?

View solution in original post

Cool glad I could help. Make sure to rate my post if you found it helpful.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

b.smeets
Level 1
Level 1

Monitor > Access Points from the Home Page shows you the current number of clients per AP... Is that what you want?

I use that and it gives my current cliet connects, I was looking for a may of treanding access point useage. I need to know if we are saturating some of our access points. We only have 90 AP and we are going, but I have user that complain they keep dropping a connection. Nothing in the log to tell me why so I was hoping to see if it is because we are exceeding the client limit.

mike W

joseph.kukis
Level 1
Level 1

If you are running 6.0.132 you can use the reporting feature.

In the WCS, click on Reports - Report Launch Pad. Under the 'Clients' table there is a report called 'Client Count', click on the 'New' link next to that.

Now you can create the report, under Report By, you can either see a report by controller, or narrow that down to specific APs, or APs in specific buildings. The edit button under the selection list lets you drill down further and get more specific.

You can then pick a time period to report on(default of 1 hour), and then click 'Run Report' to see the results.

If it is something that you are going to frequently review you could save the report and schedule it to run every x hours,days,etc and email you a PDF of the results, or save a PDF to a tftp server.

Did this help?

Thanks,

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Life is good!.

Mike

Cool glad I could help. Make sure to rate my post if you found it helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Joseph,

I am having Cisco WCS 7.0.230.0 with 930 APs. We need to see client count on each AP but our APs are not assigned to maps. 

I understand that it is possible to do if APs are assigned to maps, (as you explained). 

But is there any other way to do it if the APs are not assigned to maps?

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card