Aironet 1300 Point to Point not Communicating

Unanswered Question
Oct 29th, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to set up (2) 1300 bridges, but I can not get them to talk to eachother. They currently have no external antennas connected, and are about 50ft apart (for setup/configuration purposes). Is there any where to find a document that shows how to set them up w/o a radius server or leap configurations. I'm really looking to just get them to talk to eachother first and formost. Thanks for any help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jeromehenry_2 Thu, 10/29/2009 - 13:28

Hi,

I guess that you must be referring to this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

The main thing is to configure the same SSID, with the same security settings, on both the root and non-root. So you can use the Web interface, no VLAN, one radio.

1. Go to express security, on the Web interface, and create an SSID, with no security. Do the same on both access points.

2. Go to the AP radios, set one AP to root bridge, the second to non root bridge, enable the radios, it should work...

Alex Stuart Sun, 11/01/2009 - 12:22

'They currently have no external antennas connected, and are about 50ft apart (for setup/configuration purposes)'

I'd also try connecting antenna to the bridges (make sure you connect the primary antenna, or both).

You will need to connect an antenna at this distance; otherwise the bridges won't hear each other

Cheers.

datencio1 Mon, 11/02/2009 - 10:51

I have moved them within a few feet of eachother, and still no connectivity. If I'm not mistaken the 1300 series has internal antenna's, do they still have to have an external antenna to hear eachother? Also, I've tried all the different roles for the radio i.e. root, non-root, install automatic, install root, and install non-root still luck. Any ideas would help before I break down and call Cisco tech support. Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion