cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPIVR "Write Document" to 2nd IVR

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

I got 2 IVRs and I'm trying to utilize the "write document" from one IVR to another. However, I'm having issues writing to the other box when I use \\IPAddress\c$\folder or even mapping a drive? It's complaining of incorrect user/pwd although both boxes are built with the same credentials. What is it exactly looking for? This might be a simple fix but I'm brain dead right now.

14 Replies 14

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is unsupported and will not work. Your only supported destination is the Document Repository.

DO you have any suggestions as to how one can upload a wav file to both IVRs after it is recorded? I'm trying to avoid having the need to call in twice to record the same prompt. Document Repository is only local to each IVR no?

Check your share settings in comp management and user permissions.

What do you mean both IVRs?

If you have an HA pair of IP IVR or CCX servers, the Prompt Repository will be replicated between them automatically.

If you have two separate scripts that use the same WAV file, you can reference the same file from both scripts.

If you have two independent IP IVR or CCX installations, you can record the file on one, download it from the /appadmin interface, and upload it to the other through /appadmin.

It's an IPCCE environment with 2 standalone IVRs. I'm basically trying to create a script the customer can utilize to call in and change the recordings themselves...and to have it upload to both IVRs with that 1 single call. Where I'm getting stuck is writing to an xml file to the other IVR system. I know this might not be supported but I know it'll work. I'm trying to understand what credentials it's trying to use or need to use to be able to write to the other box I guess...

It uses "CRSAdministrator" account when it tries to write a file to a network share.

I have the same question.  Has a workaround been posted for this issue?

I never did find a clean solution to this and ended up "hacking" it to make it work for now. This is definitely NOT the cleanest but it works for what I need. This will also break in 8X.

1. Build script in IVRA to write wav file name into xml to local directory then put a few seconds of hold/pause (ex. 12 sec)

2. At the same time, I write the newly recorded wav file into the same directory

3. Then have a batch file running in the background in windows to copy from this local folder to the IVRB local directory every few seconds (ex. 10 sec). Note that this copies both the xml file and wav file.

4. Once the hold/pause timer expires on IVRA script, point to the IVRB to trigger a new script

5. Have the script in IVRB reference the xml in the local directory and then upload the wav file locally

You'll need an xml template to edit each time as part of this too.

This is accomplished in 1 single call so from the caller's perspective it works for them. Again, this is hacked and not really the cleanest solution but it's all I can come up with. Hopefully someone can offer a better one so I can clean up mine too.

Patrik Englund
Level 1
Level 1

There is no problem saving a recorded file to another IVR if you do it in the wfavvid folder. I have CUCCH with 2 standalone IP-IVR and i use this for Voicerecordings. Just to have the scritp to write to one local and one remote path ie.

c:\Program Files\wfavvid\"new folder name" and to

\\"ip of other ivr"\c$\Program Files\wfavvid\"new folder name"

Saving to the remote wffavid worked for me only on version 5X. It stopped working on 7X due to some windows security.

Ok, i did not know that you used version 7.x. I have 5.x myself so i have not tried with v.7. Should not be impossible to solve though i think.

Also, writing to the wfavvid folder is a bad move since that folder is reloaded, from repository, when the server reboots, and I do not believe that prompts in the folder stay around.

Have you thought of using mapped drives on each IVR say "Y:" and then having an admin script from ICM run an IVR script and "parse" the contents of the folder?

I am only a CCX guy but the IP IVR is the same as CCX, so I would setup a HTTP application in CCX and have a Scheduled Task that runs every 5 minutes that executes the HTTP app the runs the script that parses the folder. Just a thought.

On IP-IVR standalone the wfavvid folder is not parsed. If you put the prompts in wfavvid\Prompts library they will get parsed but to put the prompts in any other folder in wfavvid is just fine.

Hi,

Did anyone find solution for this problem? I am also facing the same issue with IPIVR 8.0. I am trying to write a document in both the IPIVR servers. Please let me know if anybody has done this.

Regards,

Gokila.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: