cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 Report Shows Component Versions Not Installed

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

Ran Unified Cluster Overview because my CUC Port test was failing and find that one of my subscriber nodes shows a lot of components not installed. Db replication is fine and all of its services are running as displayed in CLI. What gives? They all show same version? How do you fix this?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There a few items that do not run on Subscribers that only run on the Publisher. For instance, TAPS and BAT only run on the Pub, not on the subs.

anything in particular?

Yes, actually all of them. There are 3 subs total and this is the only one that shows "not installed" in the report. The others were upgraded from 5.13 to 7.12 and this one was loaded with 7.12 (same version) directly from DVD and joined to the cluster. Replication is working fine and devices will register to it with no issue.

Hi,

Sound like the same problem we had where we added new subscribers to the cluster inbetween various versions and upgrades. The good news is that it is only cosmetic and covered under CSCsz94171 and will be fixedin CUCM 8.0.

You really need to open a TAC case so they can verify it is the same bug or you can issue the following command yourself and delete the component mis-match:

run sql select count(pkid) from componentversion where softwarecomponent = 'cactus'

Veryify number is less then (amount of servers in you cluster) Then

run sql delete from componentversion where softwarecomponent = 'cactus'

Repeat for the other 5 components: comps, cm-rtmt-client, platform-en, hpdiags, hp-OpenIPMI (or which ever component it is)

Best regards,

Phillip

Thanks! Sounds like I don't have to be concerned with this.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: