cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 - can I disable the Voice/SIP and use other SIP equip behind ?

peteschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an WRP400 router, required by my ISP, is can be used for VoIP and it looks to be listening at the SIP ports.

But I have signed with another SIP provider and would like to use other VoIP equipment behind this WRP400 router, is it possible to make sure the WRP400 doesn't list to the ports used for VoIP/SIP.

Maybe just disabling VoIP/Voice in the WRP400 ?

Thanks,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

The WRP400 is a router with a 2-port analog telephone adapter in it.

I don't think that you'll need to change anything on the WRP400 because its two ports are listening to WAN_IP_Address_of_WRP400:5060 and 5061.

Any device you attach will connect with new_device's_IP_address:5060 or whatever port you need to use.

I'm of the opinion that it should work without much problem, aside from NAT and firewall issues of course...

The only other problem that I can predict is that the SP will have probably locked you out of the WRP400 so you may not be able to configure it anyway.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick

Yes, that is my problem. I know the two phone ports on the WRP400 is active. But I was to disable them and make sure the WRP400, does responds to 5060 and 5061, so I can forward all VoIP requests to an mini IP PBX (SPA) on the inside.

My setup is like this:

Internet -- WRP400 (FW) -- SWITCH -- SPA (VoIP equipment)

Can i disable voice and forward request to the inside on WRP400 ?

Thanks,

Peter

Dear Sir;

I suggest you use different internal ports (e.g. 5062 and 5063) on the voice device behind the WRP400. If you use same ports WRP400 will route the messaging to the FXS ports.

Regards

Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: