Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Devices In LMS 3.2

Joan Pelser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There.

I have trolled this forum, and I find issues with LMS 3.1 and Duplicate devices and the engineers say that it is fixed in LMS 3.2, but I have a customer who is experiencing this with LMS 3.2 below is the customers request:

This has now been the 3rd week in a row that after the XXXXX discovery we

ended up with duplications.

I have looked at a few and most are due to 2 or more ip addrs defined on te

device.

The example here are the RCC MSFCs which we manage via VLAN50 ip and the source

is set to VLAN50 on the device but LMS also discovers it via a loopback addr.

It is causing us hassles with max limit on LMS system as well as having

duplications on reports.

Please could you give me some advice.

Joan

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that LMS can poll the ipAddrTable on these devices. That is required for the duplicate resolution algorithm to work. also, make sure that the correct preferred management address method is chosen. If the customer has chosen Use Loopback, but they don't want that, then consider using one of the other two options.

Hi Joe

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I poll the ipAddrTable ?

Use the Device Center SNMP Walk tool to poll the starting OID of ipAddrTable.

Ok ran the walk, and it can be read by one of the devices showing up as a duplicate, below is a short extract, should you require the whole walk, ill be happy to post it

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.111.1.2 starting from .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFC1213-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.10.10.10.10 = IpAddress: 10.10.10.10

RFC1213-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.10.111.0.0 = IpAddress: 10.111.0.0

RFC1213-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.10.111.0.4 = IpAddress: 10.111.0.4

RFC1213-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.10.111.0.16 = IpAddress: 10.111.0.16

RFC1213-MIB::ipAdEntAddr.10.111.0.75 = IpAddress: 10.111.0.75

I would need to see the complete walk from a duplicated device as well as the entries in DCR for that device.

Attached, info you requested

There's only one device in this DCR export. How do the other duplicates show up?

Joe, attached is the issue Im faced with

It doesn't look like the SNMP Walk output you provided is from this same device. I need the walk output, and duplicate information from the same device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: