cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

space.java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: java heap space

hlichiere
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem when i want to export the inventory via cwcli.

cwcli export inventory -u xxxx -p xxxx -m xxxx -device

Running LMS 3.2 on Solaris 10.

Actualy, there are 2000 devices.

I get this error (cli.log):

Java heap spacejava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

What do you think about ? Thanks for suggestions. Regards herve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This parameter controls the maximum amount of heap space the JVM will use. It has a default, and that's 512 MB. Large installations will require more memory.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can increase the allowed heap size by editing /opt/CSCOpx/MDc/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/cli/framework/heap.properties. Increase VM_HEAP_MAX from 512 to 1024.

Thanks a lot for your help. This problem is solved. For my information, could you tell me what's this parameter and why there isn't the default. Regards

This parameter controls the maximum amount of heap space the JVM will use. It has a default, and that's 512 MB. Large installations will require more memory.

Hi Joseph,

I'm having the same problem with CWLMS 4.0.1. But I didn't find this file heap.properties in the

/opt/CSCOpx/MDc/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/cli/framework/

Do you know where I customize this parameter in that version?

Thanks,

Patricia Oliveira

There was a typo.  The directory is /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/cli/framework/ .  This file should exist in LMS 4.0.1, thought that version is end of life.  You should really upgrade to 4.2.5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: