cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simplest way to support calling between SPA-8000 ports and between 2 GWs?

bob_giaraffa
Level 1
Level 1

My group at Silicon Labs is interested in using multiple SPA-8000s to configure VoIP impairment test systems, for use with our data and fax modems.  (Coincidentally, the SPA-8000 FXS ports use our Si3215 SLIC devices.)  The SPA-8000s will not have to interface with an ITSP or the PSTN, but we do have an external network impairment device (Shunra VE Appliance) that we will use to statistically impair the VoIP packets.

I've seen the Analog phone, IP PBX solution app note, but I would like to keep the setup as simple as possible (i.e. use only SPA-8000s without an SPA-9000).  Is it possible to make port-to-port calls using only the SPA-8000 and an external router (i.e. without an ITSP or local SIP server)?  The SPA-8000 Administration Guide states that FXS-to-FXS connectivity is possible using an IP router with hairpinning capability, but provides no specific information. Can you recommend a Cisco/Linksys router that enables this?

Thanks,

Bob Giaraffa

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

This is possible. All you have to do is connect both SPA8000 to a router which provides IP addresses. For ease of configuration, make the WAN IP address of each SPA8000 static.

On each device, all you have to do is:

- [Line x] Make call without reg to YES

- [Line x] Ans call without reg toYES

- Set a user id (numeric) - this is what the other pty needs to dial

- On the proxy set ip_address:port of the FXS port of the other device you want to set the line (it is one-to-one). First port is 5060, second 5061 and so on...

Submit changes

regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

This is possible. All you have to do is connect both SPA8000 to a router which provides IP addresses. For ease of configuration, make the WAN IP address of each SPA8000 static.

On each device, all you have to do is:

- [Line x] Make call without reg to YES

- [Line x] Ans call without reg toYES

- Set a user id (numeric) - this is what the other pty needs to dial

- On the proxy set ip_address:port of the FXS port of the other device you want to set the line (it is one-to-one). First port is 5060, second 5061 and so on...

Submit changes

regards
Alberto

This works great - thank you very much for the quick and useful reply!